----- "Patrick Shanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Randall R Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [06-05-07 15:57]:
>  [...]
> > Anyway, I'm pretty happy with GKrellM for local monitoring with a
> > real-time graphic display:
> >

> <http://members.dslextreme.com/users/billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html>
> >

> > It's included in the [open]SuSE distribution and, for 10.0 at least,
>
> > there are newer versions available from Guru's RPMs.
>
> but you can do very similar things with conky and do not need another
> window open on the desktop  :^)
>
>   for example:
>     http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/desktop.conky.jpg

It's not included in 10.2, and it wasn't in 10.1 if I remember correctly.
But it's not too complicated to setup.

Step1: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=143975 and
download

Step2: unpack the file with the app of choice (or tar -xzf <filename>)

Step3: ./configure
make
make install (as root)

Step4: Configure Conky-config: it's $HOME/.conkyrc (examples are provided)

Step5: Start Conky along with X somewhere with the -d option (conky -d)