Hi,

I've a server with 24 500GB SATA 2 hard drives with RAID5 running 10.2.

It also has a pair of small disks for the OS with ext3 FS and the large 11TB
LV was using ReiserFS.

The box was OK, but I found that when it was under heavy load the LV would
lock up, where I was unable to read or write to it, the only way to get it
back was a hard reset as the partition refused to unmount.

My understanding is that the limit for ReiserFS is 17.6TB's so I'm well within
the limit.

I've switched the filesystem to XFS which has been fine although I generally
prefer the performance of ReiserFS.

I don't think this is a bug with SUSE as I tried Fedora on the box with
exactly the same results.

Using XFS isn't causing a problem, but I thought I post this to see what folks
have to say on this subject.

Cheers

Matthew