Hello!

On 6/2/07, Eberhard Roloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>> rsnapshot, doing backups to usb-drive(s)? ;-)
[...]
===This is how it works:=====
[...]
--you will have a full week of daily backups that you can restore from,
either on a per file basis or as a whole.
--But you only need to accomodate your data size plus "slightly more",
because the "full backup any day" is done by using symlinks, so you
profit from the fact, that a very lare percentage of your data will most
likely be identical from a given day to the next.....

That is just great! SUSE contains rsnapshot (I just had to go and
install it immediately and start learning).

Now if the great SUSE developers would have just more time and maybe
implement a YaST GUI for that, you could suddenly have a SUSE Time
Machine! Maybe even before OS X will have it. (Ok, yes, the OS X GUI
for it is ... how should I put it... lot's of eye candy. You could get
the job done with less of that I'm sure :-)

--
HG.