Hi all,

I have used Novell's SuSE 10.1 with CUPS as network Print Server for
Linux and Windows Clients. I've had to use SAMBA and then share a SMB
printer for all the clients, even for the Linux boxes.

With the SUSE 10.0/10.1 printmgr program, I could scan the network for
all network printers, but not see the broadcasting CUPS servers. YaST's
hardware tool for Printers behaves the same way. Is there a quick and
simple procedure to set up a OpenSUSE 10.2 CUPS print server and get a
OpenSUSE 10.2 workstation get the CUPS printer on the CUPS Server? Other
Network Printers, like HP-JetDirect, are easily connected with
socket://<IP>:9100.

Thew CUPS Server has the following:

alc1100 (Default Printer)
Location: USB printer on //EPSON/AL-C1100
Make and Model: EPSON AL-C1100, ESC/PageS Filter
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
Device URI: usb://EPSON/AL-C1100

How should a CUPS Printer on a workstation be configured, that prints to
the OpenSUSE 10.2 CUPS Server?

As a SMB Printer it is easily done on the OpenSUSE 10.2 workstation
machine with YaST's hardware tool. YaST's Printer Configuration on the
OpenSUSE 10.2 workstation for a SMB Printer on the CUPS Server above:

Epson
AL-C1100 / alc1100
Shared
Connected As samba://<user:passwd@<domain>/<cupsserver>/alc1100
With Spool alc1100

What is the procedure for printing from one OpenSuse 10.2 workplace to
the OpenSUSE 10.2 CUPS Server without SAMBA? I'v tried YaST's hardware
tool and used "Network Printers" - "Print via CUPS Network Server", but
it does not find the CUPS Server.

:-)
Al