* Bob Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [06-10-07 07:55]:
> The mailing list adds its own signature to every post. Could it be the
> mailing list software which strips out the space. For example, this
> reply stripped out the mailing list 'unsubscribe' instructions, but
> they'll be back at the bottom of this message by the time you read it.
> And I'll bet Patrick used <dash dash space>, but it's only <dash dash>
> by the time I get to reply to his message (see above).

I don't think so, as I have not observed that in the past.  What you
are probably seeing on your end is kmail's editor stripping
end-of-line spaces and/or only recognizing the *last* 2-dash+space sig
indicator.  To test, you would need to open the message with an editor
you *knew* did not strip end-of-line white space, before kmail reads
it, ie: pico, nano, joe, jed ...

I have observed tofu with included quoted signatures that did include
the space after the double dash.  And the quoted signature block from
me as you present does *not* include the trailing space