Bob Kline wrote:

John Ross wrote:

An off the wall IDEa ........... Did the scanner manufacturer issue any firmware updates, and did you get them ??? Iff the driver, etc. software assumes you have the by now old firmware update......... ;-)

I'll look into that if you really think missing firmware updates would be able to cause the inability of normal users to see the scanner. But remember, SuSE recognizes the scanner perfectly, and I can scan documents with it flawlessly, *as long as I am logged in as root*.

I'm wrong then   JRR