On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Stevens wrote:-

<snip>

>How come you all assumed that my problem was related to no
>64-bit support? I have a 32 bit system with Flash 9 and still cannot
>view the videos that some on this list say that they can watch.

There's a strong wind in here sometimes. If it blows just right, it
causes threads to drift a bit.

>So far, I have not seen any reply that comes close to a solution,
>just a lot of going off on tangents.

Guilty as charged.

>For those who missed the original post, go to this link, let the commercial
>run and when the news item starts to play, see if it will work on your
>system. If it does, let me know your configuration, because it bloody well
>doesn't play here and I have Flash 9, Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Mplayerplug-in 3.40.

The first streamed video is in WMV format and, for some reason, the
MPlayer plugin isn't being used to process it. Checking right now, the
next video appears to be in an FLV format, and that one does play.

>And just in case there is some ambiguity to my statements, I can view most
>videos located at Yahoo.com's video section. Just not the type mentioned above
>which says I need a plugin.

Regards,
        David Bolt

--
Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit