On Sunday 17 June 2007 03:33, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 17 June 2007 07:44, Bob S wrote:
> > Hello SuSE people,
> >
> > I recently added a KDE repo to my smart channels.(see thread smart
> > channels disabled)  after having it disappear somehow. Did my update and
> > tried to upgrade. Got the following message. (partial)(excuse the
> > wrapping please)
> >
> > Committing transaction...
> > Preparing...
> > ################################################ [  0%]
> > error: file /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/cupsdconf.la from install of
> > kdelibs3-3.5.7-35.1 conflicts with file from package
> > kdelibs3-32bit-3.5.5-45.4
>
> Could it be that you are trying to install the 32 bit version of
> kdelibs3-3.5.7 on a 64 bit system? Exactly what did you add in smart?

Thanks for replying Anders,

Hmmmm.   I don't think so but I could be wrong. If so, I'm not sure what to do
about that. The channel I added was suse-kde. As shown above, the new
kdelibs3-3.5.7-35.1 is conflicting with which would be the older
kdelibs3-32bit-3.5.5-45.4.  rpm -q does not show an older
kdelibs3-32bit-3.5.5-45.4 as being installed

I do notice one thing though. In the list of 42 packages to be upgraded, it
lists kdelibs3  twice, (as per below)

Computing transaction...

Upgrading packages (42):
  arts                                             kdegames3-arcade

kdemultimedia3-CD
kdeaddons3-kicker                        kdegames3-board
kdemultimedia3-mixer
kdeaddons3-konqueror                 kdegames3-card
kdemultimedia3-sound
kdeadmin3                                    kdegames3-tactic
kdenetwork3
kdeartwork3-kscreensaver           kdegraphics3
kdenetwork3-InstantMessenger
kdeartwork3-xscreensaver          kdegraphics3-kamera
kdenetwork3-news
kdebase3                                    kdegraphics3-pdf
kdenetwork3-vnc
kdebase3-beagle                        kdegraphics3-postscript
kdepim3
kdebase3-kdm                            kdegraphics3-scan
kdepim3-kpilot
kdebase3-ksysguardd                kdelibs3
kdepim3-notes
kdebase3-nsplugin                     kdelibs3
kdeutils3
kdebase3-samba                       kdelibs3-arts
libopensync-plugin-kdepim
kdebase3-session                     kdelibs3-doc
python-qt
kdegames3                               kdemultimedia3
qt3

Downgrading packages (4):
  desktop-translations  fileshareset          libakode              qscintilla

133.9MB of package files are needed. 86.6MB will be used.

Thanks, Bob S