Hello,

On Jun 19 00:51 Rajko M. wrote (shortened):
> > > I'll write article on openSUSE wiki about parallel
> > > port scanner installation,
> This is first draft of article:
> http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rajko_m/wip

For your information:

I have a "Plustek OpticPro 9630P" parallel port scanner and at least
this model works at least for me without any additional software
like ppscsi.

I only activated the "plustek_pp" backend in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
and perhaps I adjusted /etc/sane.d/plustek_pp.conf (I don't remember
exactly, I tested it some time ago) and finally I set the device file
permissions so that a normal user could access it.

Therefore I suggest that you mention that at least some kind of
parallel port scanners don't need additional software (but
nevertheless need manual setup).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex