Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Saturday 2007-06-23 at 11:06 +0200, Sandy Drobic wrote:
>
>>> You don't need the relocation message to give the new address directly:
>>> you define the exact message. Which I don't have clear is how big it can
>>> be: I think it is a single line, perhaps long.

>> No, if you use relocated the text is already hardcoded, you can't change it.
>> It's another situation alltogether if you simply reject the mail and add
>> the explanatory text as reject message. That line can be pretty long, long
>> enough to inform the sender and give a link to a more detailed web page.
>
> Are you sure? Postfix man pages are not the easiest to read, but "man
> relocated" seems to say different:
>
> So I understand you can use:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]       The address you have used is no longer valid,
>                          please phone me at (+34) 555 1234

Yes, that much is true, but...

> Now, the message will probably contain more text, and that I guess will be
> hardcoded. However... I think I read somewhere that this messages could be
> translated, for instance, to Spanish. But I don't remember where I read
> this.

The entire reject text would read like this:

550 5.1.1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Recipient address rejected: User has moved
to The address you have used is no longer valid, please phone me at (+34)
555 1234

The part with the "has moved to" is hardcoded which makes it a bit tricky
to use for anything else but another email address without sounding a bit
strange.

This message is not configurable. Starting with Postfix 2.3 you can
customize the bounce_template_file, but not this reject message.

--
Sandy

List replies only please!