I have been plagued by system crashes and I think they have come about
since I updated a number of programs. The system freezes and I end up
having to shut down.
On recovery I usually go through the `rescue' and e2fsck -fvy or -cfvy.
Most of the time there misplaced/orphan inodes and the `FILE SYSTEM IS
MODIFIED'.

1. I used the *.rpm from the suse 10.2 list to update.

2. I used the *.rpm from `stable test' for both the new samba and
OpenOffice2 files.

3. I also installed the scrot program mentioned in July Linux Mag.

I haven't been able to pin down any one culprit and I was wondering if
any one was experiencing the system crash and what program[s] they might
have recently added?

Thanks
--
Cheers,