* Sandy Drobic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-30-07 05:47]:
> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Carlos E. R. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-29-07 19:29]:
> >> I'm tired, so what I'm about to say I haven't thought it out carefully
> >> ;-) - - You are using fetchmail, I think. Mail handled off from
> >> fetchmail to postfix is considered local or remote for the purpose of
> >> this new checks?
> >
> > You may have something here.  But, according to TFM:
> >
> > As each message is retrieved fetchmail normally delivers it via SMTP
> > to port 25 on the machine it is running on (localhost), just as though
>
> Uh, you might want to stop right here with rejecting mails that came in
> via fetchmail!
>
> The recipe that I gave you will only work when the mail is sent directly
> to your server, not for mails polled with fetchmail. In that case the mail
> has already been accepted for you (by the provider in your order).
>
> Any reject after that will only bounce the mail, not reject it.
>
> Additionally, fetchmail uses localhost, so it will probably be in
> $mynetworks as a trusted host, so the recipe will not work as desired anyway.
>
> To make it short: you can only discard (dangerous!) or tag the mails when
> you work with fetchmail. :-(

Guess I went brain dead at this point.  I do use fetchmail, but only
for non-local/hosted accounts such as gmail.  For my local domain,
wahoo.no-ip.org, I received mail via postfix only.

And from my logs the suggest changes to /etc/postfix/recipients_internal_only:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          554 internal address only
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        554 internal address only

and /etc/postfix/main.cf, inclusion of above under
smtpd_recipient_restrictions

have had the desired effect....

thankyou much,