On Sun June 24 2007 23:17, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
> > I tried this and even rebooted, but now Firefox only sees the two
> > plugins (KDE Parts Plugin, DjVuLibre-3.5.16) that it saw without
> > any ~/.mozilla/plugins.
> > It is as if this directory didn't exist. But it is readable to
> > world and ls -lL shows everything as normal.
>
> Just a cross check: Do you run a 64bit version of SUSE Linux 10.1 and
> maybe a 64bit version of Firefox?

Arghh! How stupid of me.
That was it.
It's a 64 bit Suse machine and up until now I have been carefully
selecting the version i586 (32bit) of MozillaFirefox,
MozillaFirefox-translations and mozilla-nss when installing and
updating, but this time I slept on the wheel and didn't even check.
Sure enough when I last updated, the version x86_64 was selected by
default and replaced my 32bit version.
It was just a matter of selecting the right version and marking those
packages for upgrade again and now all plugins show up.

Thanks for waking me up, Wolfgang!

--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?