On 2007/06/26 14:54 (GMT+0200) Clayton apparently typed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> On 2007/06/26 09:17 (GMT+0200) Clayton apparently typed:

>> > Hate to ask the obvious, but have you checked the Sound Devices
>> > settings, and tried changing them?

>> Besides the KMix settings or the Alsamixergui settings, what settings? It
>> seems the only problem is as I wrote in the original thread post - KMix
>> claims capture is enabled, but Alsamixergui apparently
>> shows disabled capture and red for Mic and /var/log/messages shows "kernel:
>> ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:1997: capture read error (DMA or IRQ trouble?)". I
>> don't see any controls for Mic in KControl
>> anywhere. The Mic works locally. Amarok works.

> I'm referring to the Skype settings.  It's well hidden in their
> wonderfully well thought out UI.  Down on the bottom left side of the
> Skype window is a little gear... click it and you get a menu... I
> think it's Options (I don't have Skype here at work... so guessing).
> Then from there it's basically the same Options dialog as in 1.3.x.

> If the mic works locally, I'd guess that the problem is not going to
> be solved in KMix or Alsamixer.. the problem is in the "Default"
> device selection in the Skype Sound Devices options.

I tried each and every choice in that list without success, but believe the key
to my problem in determining the origination of the /var/log/messages entries,
which is why I asked here, thinking that
to be more likely a SUSE configuration problem rather than a Skype software
problem. I've posted a few times in the Skype Linux forum threads, but haven't
yet to find a reply to anything I wrote there.
--
"Respect everyone."     I Peter 2:17 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409