On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Johannes Nohl wrote:
> I upgraded a 9.3 to 10.0 due to the end of support. Using apt it went
> all good (except postfix was broken afterwards).
>
> But if you want to switch to 10.3 directly, how do you do it? Isn't
> it necessary to go to 10.1 and 10.2, first? That's what made me to
> stay with 10.0 as long as there will be security updates. I had 10.1
> on my desktop and it was driving me crazy so I'll keep it away...
>
> After 10.0 (which isn't a big difference to a 9.3) there are some
> changes which I don't know how they will become to effect after
> upgrading.
> For example the apache isn't 2.0.x any longer and will be 2.2.x. You
> will have to read the changelogs before.Maybe the apache people did
> some changes in configs?
> There were some other big changes in versions, so be aware.
>
> All said is useless if you are goning to set up a clean system. If
> that's what you want just install 10.2 and smart. Will be an easy
> upgrade, like my try from 9.3 to 10.0.
>
> J.

===========

If you are going to do anything beyond your 10.0, you really should do a
fresh install.  So many things have changed, it's quite possible an
attempt at upgrading will lead to a clean install anyway.  If you don't
mind wasting the time, I suppose you could try, but to save yourself
some time and headache, do a fresh install.

If you go in steps, 10.1 or are planning that, just stop at 10.1!  As
many bad things as 10.1 introduced, I think 10.2 was worse.  If you've
followed the emails here, you already know that.  As others have
suggested, wait for 10.3 to see if they've fixed anything or have just
continued to make it worse, then decide.

Lee