On 6/28/07, Dave Howorth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
George Stoianov wrote:

> I am avoiding their reader for a number reason, but most strongly
> because of this:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/129729/

A hack I've used for a long time to block adverts etc is to cause the
offending program not to find the host it's looking for. So I've just
added this line to my /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       www.remoteapproach.com

Hopefully, that'll stop the blighters.

That is a good trick! Thanks, I will still stick with kpdf as I do not
see much in the Adobe reader besides the fact that load slower... to
make me use it.
Regards,
G.

Cheers, Dave