I installed SuSE 10.0 on a friend's machine. He had a fairly frequent problem where all of his jobs got stuck in the print queue. When I checked the queue in Yast, there was always a second printer that had been added (not by a user), that was setup identically to the original entry, except for the printer name.

When I would remove the original printer definition and setup the duplicate, the printer would start working fine again, until the next time it happened.

I upgraded him to 10.2 and the problem surfaced again right away.

I've googled this to death and have found only a few references, the best being a Ubuntu solution which I didn't understand.

Any help out there?

TIA,

Jim