Hi,

On 7/16/07, Matthew Stringer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 15 July 2007 23:44:02 Randall R Schulz wrote:
>> I don't know whether
>> 32-bit mode is an integral part of x86_64 or if Core 2 is supporting
>> both the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures independently.
>
> It is integral. It's the whole point of it. AMD came up with it when they saw
> that nobody wanted to go with IA64, since it didn't support their legacy
> 32bit apps

If you install the 64 bit version on a 32 bit computer it'll tell you,
not crash.

I'd try an FTP install to eliminate the idea of a bad DVD image.

Otherwise try a safe mode or text mode install.

Matthew

This is the next thing i have in mind but i heard it takes a lot of
time. Besides i am not sure if the system will automatically be able
to detect and load my wireless lan card driver and use it. I had an
issue with earlier linux i was using. Any how i will give it a try.