Yeah, sorry I forgot. I usually used "shutdown -h 0" or "shutdown -h now".
BTW, these also occurs.

3. Shutdown using K menu and hangs, pressed Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, root
login, do a "shutdown -h 0".

4. Shutting down by pressing the power button directly always crashed the
machine. I used the standard acpid from the SuSE installer and the service
is still working in the background.

The machine still crashed. It usually crashed when unmounting, shutting
down haldaemon or syslogd.

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) said:
> Hi,
>
> Just checking your shutdown syntax FYI.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Thanks, I'll try that. Well, I can't shutdown using either:
>> 1. Shutdown using KDE's K menu
>> 2. Ctrl-Alt-F1, root login, and call "shutdown -h"
>
> Do remember that the shutdown argument needs a time variable as well. I
> normally do a 'shutdown -h now' from a root console and system goes and
> halts/dies as it should.
>
> <snip>
>
> HIH
> Hylton
> --

Fare thee well,
Bawenang R. P. P.

ERROR: Brain not found. Please insert a new brain!

“Do nothing which is of no use.” - Miyamoto Musashi.

"I live for my dream. And my dream is to live my life to the fullest."