Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Thursday 19 July 2007 11:00:01 Dave Howorth wrote:
>> There's a problem in gtk that apparently only shows up in some
>> configurations. I happen to have a configuration where it shows up and
>> was asked to try debugging with symbols to help locate it.
>
> Wasn't this problem solved already? Or is this something else?

You diagnosed the gtk problem, I believe, though the gtk people haven't
confirmed it to me yet. But this discussion is not about the gtk
problem, it's about the fact that it's not possible to debug opensuse
packages after they've been updated (except by jumping through extra
hoops). The gtk problem is just an example for context.

Thanks again for your help with gtk, and thanks to Marcus for explaining
the difficulty with providing updated debuginfo packages.
Dave