hi,

 I found it at opensuse-bugs,

 http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2007-06/msg04269.html

 Some guy says:

Restarting policykitd fixes this problem and mounts the removable disk.
The
actual problem is that policykitd does not start on a fresh boot-up.

Maybe it's useful.

Best Regards,

Charles Li (李彬)
================
Novell China

TEL:+8610 6533 9237
Mobile:+8613521604968
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.novell.com
================

>>> Art Fore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/24/07 10:55 AM >>>
Using Suse 10.2 on Dell Latitude D820,  when I plug in an external USB
hard drive I get the above message. This is a new problem. This used
work, but lately I have been having problems with usb drives.Also just
tried a 1 GB Sandisk, same problem.

What is causing this all of a sudden?

One thing I did do yesterday was an online update, but there were only
5
updates that were security related.

Art