On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:43:20 +0100
Vince L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 23 July 2007 08:33, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> >
> > Can't you just do away with the partition? Unmount it move everything to
> > the root filesystem but still under /boot, re-install grub & use Fdisk
> > to change the boot flag over. Linux has not needed /boot on a separate
> > partition for a long time now and using symlinks is messy.
> >
> > Matthew
>
> This assumes that / is on a primary partition. If not, it is no go.

I have not used a separate /boot partition in years and I always set up
my / partition as a logical(extended) partition, on my 10.1 system it is
a ReiserFS and on 10.2 (64) it is Ext3. There are some valid reasons to
have a separate /boot so I am not advocating having or not having one.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group