------

> The file
>   /etc/sysconfig/windowmanager
> has
>   DEFAULT_WM="kde"
> I guess in your case it will be fvwm or fvwm2.
> Change that to
>   DEFAULT_WM="xfce"
> and it should work.

-------

The other option that maybe easier to do, especially if you're new to
linux, is to change the session type at logon. Say, you use kdm (comes
with kde) to get a graphical logon screen at the start, then go down to
the option in the lower left of the screen and simply choose the window
manager you want before logging in - the list of wm you have installed
will be given there. gdm (comes with gnome) or xdm handles this slightly
differently, but the list of possible session types is there,
nevertheless. Next time you start this choice will also remain the
default unless you change it manually again. HTH.

Gavin