On 7/24/07, Hans van der Merwe wrote:

I have (on friends machine) - but uninstall all that and install the new
Compiz-Fusion, its the first efforts of the new merged Beryl and Compiz
group.
Works great on nVidia and AIGLX.
Its even fast enough now to run all day on my crappy onboard Intel on my
Dell D820 with 1920x1200 resolution.
Take a look here:
http://dev.beryl-project.org/~cyberorg/suse/38/want-to-take-compiz-fusion-for-a-test-ride/

my instructions (if you cant get above to work):
1. Uninstall current compiz, beryl, emerald etc.
2. Add the following build repo to your package manager (Yast or smart)
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/cyberorg/openSUSE_10.2/
3. Fire up your package manager and install the "compiz-git-all"
package.
4. Start the eye candy with:

a)  compiz --replace ccp &
{this must always run}

b)  kde[or gnome]-window-decorator --replace &
{this must run to provide kde or gnome decorating of windows}

c)  for settings run "ccsm"

5.  If something goes wrong or you are bored with all the cube turning
kill both processes and start "kwin" for KDE or something else for Gnome
(sorry I dont know Gnome).

Hans

Thanks a lot, Compiz-Fusion is great! I had only one minor problem
when installing it, the compiz-git package wanted to run
/opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 as part of the installation process, and my
gconftool-2 was in /usr/bin (not sure why). Running ln -s
/opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 /usr/bin prior to the installation fixed
that.

Sorin