Ti Kan wrote:
> Kmix used to always start automatically (in the task tray)
> each time I log in to KDE.  Now it doesn't do that any more.
> I have to manually start it.  How do I get it to auto-start
> again?
>
> The Kmix main window -> Settings -> Configure KMix has
> all check boxes enabled "Dock into panel", "Enable system
> tray volume control", "Restore volumes on login", etc.
> I clicked "Apply" or "OK" but it still doesn't make it auto-start.
>
> -Ti

It sounds like you have session auto-save disabled. You can check this
in Personal Settings (Configure Desktop) -> KDE Components -> Session
Manager. Look the setting you have for "On Login". If its set to
anything but "Restore previous session", changes in the session won't
appear the next time you login unless you manually save the session. If
you have it set to "Manually save.." then there should be an option ont
he main KDE menu to "Save Session" just login, start Kmix and then hit
"Save session" Now, when you login next time, Kmix will be auto-started.

Hope this helps...

Dave