On Friday 27 July 2007, Gordon J. Holtslander wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Continuing to work on the system I've installed xfce on opensuse 10.2
>
> An xfce menu for yast2 is available,. but when selected it doesn't
> prompt for the root password, and only offers a couple of modules.
> Its not possible to install software or configure anything.
>
> I'm setting this system up for someone who has never used linux
> before - I would like to provide him with the ability to conveniently
> add software and configure the system.
>
> Can the menu item be modified so that it prompts for the root
> password?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gord

=============
Gord,
According to where SuSE keeps their files, you can edit the desktop icon
located in /usr/share/applications for that item to add a root login.
Just edit the icon's text by right clicking to open with an editor.
Zenwalk uses the above location, but I'm don't remember where SuSE puts
things for XFCE4.  You can also, right click on the panel to add the
item there making it call for root login.  Just use "gksu <program
name> to bring up the root password requestor.  You could also use that
command from a shell while in XFCE4.

Hope that helps.

Lee

--
---   KMail 1.9.7--- Zenwalk v4.6.1 - Linux 2.6.22   ---
             Registered Linux User #225206