Quoting "Dennis J. Tuchler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

My eth1 setup includes a passphrase and ESSID for my current wireless
router.  I expect to take my laptop "on the road" and use it in various
places which provide WiFi.  If the identifying name of the network is
not apparent, how do I set it up?  The "connect to other wireless
network" option on the knetwork manager requires that I fill in an
ESSID. So, if I can't get the name, what do I do?

Um, I think you're stuck there. If the wifi isn't broadcasting then you might be unable to connect if you don't know the name.

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com