On 7/31/07, Marcus Meissner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/drivers:/webcam/SUSE_Linux_10.1/src/
> >
> > So I downloaded the src rpm and rebuilt it with
> >
> > rpmbuild --rebuild uvcvideo.....src.rpm
> >
> > and I now have the latest driver in rpm format. The new driver works a
> > bit better than previous, but I still do not have color or enough
> > brightness.  But it's progress.  Thanks for your reply.  Gustav
>
> The project should just add the SUSE Linux 10.1 + Updates build distribution,
> then you could use the drivers build for this one to match your current
> kernel.m
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Thanks but I'm not sure I understand.  I kept digging and found a link
on the Suse wiki to this page

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Web_Cameras

which gives instructions on how to add the repo to Yast.  But I could
not get it to work in 10.1 - no matter what I did.  And I am quite
familiar with the process.  Are the instructions on that page related
to what you are saying?

The webcam is in my wife's laptop and she has become an even more
diehard linux user than I.  She would be thrilled if she can actually
use the webcam online.  Thanks for your input.  Gustav