M. Nejat AYDIN wrote:
> Greetings, list.
>
> I am getting this lines repeatedly in /var/log/samba/log.smbd :
>
> printing/print_cups.c:cups_cache_reload(85)
> Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Address family not
> supported by protocol
>
> though I am not doing any printing with samba. There is no line
> in smb.conf related to printing. I wonder why I am getting these
> lines in the log file.
>
> Best regards

This issue was addressed sometime ago at length, on this list.

Suppose for example, you have a printer attached to your Linux box,
running openSUSE 10.2 with CUPS, and acting as a net server for Win
clients. Then, all you do is install network printers on each client
with the CUPS web server URL where network address is required. On my
machine for example, the server URL is http://danny:631/printers/printer
<< Get that from opening the CUPS web service by entering localhost:631
in your web browser and poking around around the menus bit. (CUPS
listens on port 631).

I currently have a Win 2K and aWin XP client printing happily!

There is no need to use SAMBA printing, which is known to be
(relatively) problematic.

I hope that helps.

begin:vcard
fn:Daniel Feiglin
n:Feiglin;Daniel
adr:;;POB 36;Shavei Shomron;Doar Na;44858;ISRAEL
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:972 9 8616204
tel;fax:972 9 8621052
tel;pager:Skype user ID: baba_danny