On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 16:42 +0530, ruk.ansari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to setup Openembedded  on Suse 10.1.
> The instructions at - http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro
> state to install apt4rpm and then proceed with debian instructions.
> When I follow the Debian instructions to include
>  "deb http://www.openembedded.org/dl/ packages/" in
> /etc/apt/sources.list" and run
> "|apt-get update; apt-get install openembedded-essential|" , I get the
> following error:
> ||E: Type 'deb' is not known in on line 20 in source list
> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> I've tried to manually install the open-embedded-essential rpms but
> there are a whole bunch of dependencies.
>
> Has anyone encountered a similar problem or got OpenEmbedded working on
> Suse 10.1?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rukhsana

Same issues with 10.2 - I have no idea than to one day when Im bored
start downloading and installing all those dependencies.

Let me know if you get it working.

Hans
ps the instructions on the openembedded page should be removed, its not
accurate.

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm