> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 17:38 +0200, Rainer Klier wrote:
> > but not as new computer any more.
> > current inspiron 6400s have a pentium processor, NOT a core duo!
> >
> > but maybe you are lucky and dell is still selling the 6400s with core 2
> > duo and Nvidia Geforce 7300 Go in your country.
> >
> > or maybe the new Vostro 1400 or 1500 are what you are looking for.
> >

> > and before, check if the "good" 6400s are still sold by dell in your
> > country....
>
> I still can buy it in Germany.
> Look at this: (German I am afraid, but you can make out what it all is):

One alternative would be to look at http://linux.dell.com/ and make
sure that whatever you order is similar in configuration to the
computers that Dell ships with Ubuntu.

I believe Dell has repositories with drivers, etc. for other Linux
distributions as well (probably for the modem, etc.).

The only major difference is that sometimes the Windows variant of a
model comes with an ATi video card, vs. nVidia for the Linux version.
Unless you need good 3D graphics, for business use I'd probably just
get the Intel GMA3100 anyway.

Is your budget pre- or post-VAT? The Latitude D630 starts at under
$900 in the USA market.

Regards,

--
Michel