On Thursday 02 August 2007 10:43, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

> Hi Pete,
> Must be close to the solution.
> No idea where to change the hostname using DHCP. Could not fine anything
> useful.

Go to Yast/Network Devices/Network Card, and when the window opens edit the
configuration for your network card.

Keep in mind the settings will differ if you use a router to share access.

> But found out that if I would like to setup a DHCP server the
> initialization stops with the information:
> ERROR
> <Cannot determine the hostname of .>
>
> Looking at this information I would say that somewhere in my setup a dot
> has creeped up. A dot but where?

Normally you use either the dhcp server your ISP provides or if you have a
router, your router's dhcp server.
--
Bob Smits [EMAIL PROTECTED]