On 08/03/2007 01:48 PM, joe wrote:
> Hans Linux wrote:
>
>> do i have to open specific port for rsync if i m running a firewall?
>>

> Yes, if you're doing rsync with another machine over the network.

Only if he runs rsyncd, or the server daemon.  If he only runs the
client, no.  I assume you are thinking over a network would be
connecting to a rsync daemon, and then yes port 873 would need to be
open on the machine running the daemon.  HTH.  AFAIK, he could use the
client via ssh and even though networked, he would not need anything
extra opened in the firewall.

--
Joe Morris