Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Dear everyone on the list
>
> I am going to purchase a new mobile phone: having not purchased a new
> mobile phone for some 6 years I am shocked in both number of choices on
> the market and over-wheelming number of features to choose from. I guess
> probably people on the list know better which in-expensive durable model
> that can cope well with SuSE software, e.g. Evolution (for contact
> persons and alarm is okay).
Snip >

I have a SonyEricsson P990i Symbian based phone, it has a large screen and
most of the features you need. Whilst I haven't connected it to my linux
box for more than USB Disk mode transfers a quick Google reveals that it
can be made to sync with Evolution.

http://devel.reinikainen.net/content/view/48/40/

Secondly a plugin for iSync on the Mac has recently been released and can
be downloaded from SonyEricsson.

I purchased an IMAP mail programme for 17 Euros as the built-in email
programme is very basic and doesn't support IMAP folders.

The phone has Inra-red, Wireless and Bluetooth and the UK variant supports
3G and GPRS data services.

You will unfortunately need windows in order to update the Phone firmware,
unless of course you can persuade a SonyEricsson dealer to do this for
you. Early version of the firmware were a bit buggy, but since upgrade it
has been very stable.

Hope that helps.

--
David Bottrill