On Tue, August 7, 2007 1:28 am, Registration Account wrote:
> As you know clamAV provides NO realtime virus detection
> and from time to time we all need to execute a clamscan
> - Well I just performed a clamscan and found 4 folder
> which a year or so stored and catagorised emails and
> all 4 folders were infected with
> Phishing.Heuristics.emal.spoofedDomain virus's. As
> almost all emails are held in mbox format I would
> suggest everyone to run a scan periodically. Remember
> clamAV provides NO repeat NO real time protection, even
> if you copy them to a MS Windows or NSF drive or open
> an infected file or execute an infected .bin file

Heh.

Run!

Hide!

Cover your childrens' eyes!

Seriously, I just had this discussion a few days ago with my parental
unit.

She was all freaked out about some phishing emails she got and thought
for sure she was infected. (My son had launched AMOR and had dropped
her wireless mouse receiver behind the desk. As a result, her mouse
movements were jerky and there was this smiling face on the screen.
She was sure that was due to the "viruses" she'd obtained.)

Keep in mind - unless you're stupid enough to run as root all the
time, the worst that can happen is someone may get into your local
files or fire off an email.

I remember purposely trying to open an virus under KNode to see what
would happen...

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/osama.jpg

...you are fine.

www.perfectreign.com