Hi Rajko,

Rajko M. wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2007 01:30:08 am Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When Linux is mentioned the word, and possibly its biggest benefit,
>> repositories....

<snip>
Beautifully explained, and thankfully how I understood it.

> Mirrors are usually better than original site as they mostly contain all 
> packages for PC computers (i386 in directory tree) and mostly they are faster 
> than original due to lesser load. 

Had a look at mirrors search and found that Skynet holds only part of
the Linux archive. I have added a more complete mirror in addition to
having the skynet ones as then I will at least have a failover for the
bits that both sites cover.

>> What if a repo isn't available, due to network problems, can another
>> repo be added and used as a fallback repo?
> 
> Yes, but search "mirrors" on htpp://en.opensuse.org there is plenty of 
> explanations. 

I didn't see an explanation and so I ask again would having two sources
that cover the same items create a snafu ie should I rather just delete
the skynet entries? It appears not from what I have read on opensuse.org

Regards
Hylton
-- 
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to