Rajko M. wrote:
On Monday 06 August 2007 10:01:45 am Tim Nicholson wrote:
I have bought a cheapo cardbus to PCI adaptor for my desktop system
running 10.1 so I can use some memory cards that I share with the laptop.

Kinfo centre lists the adaptor in the PCI section, and an inserted
memory card which it declares to be an unknown device.

This same memory card is easily recognised when plugged into a cardbus
to USB adaptor.

IS there anyway to set up the cardbus adaptor to hot plug like it would
in a laptop, or via the USB adaptor?

Thanks for any help.
--
Tim Nicholson

Have you looked udev rules in
  /etc/udev/rules.d/
starting with 50-udev-default.rules

I would pick up device name when it is used over USB and see rules for that device, then look how it is recognized over PCI and see what is logged in /var/log/messages
I guess it will be sgN for N=0,1,2,... so look for that in logs and rules.
Try to adjust rules for that device.

A good starting point, thanks. Slightly scuppered at the moment as I don't have the USB dock to do a compare with :( but I'll have a poke around

--
Tim Nicholson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.