Been using kmail as long as I have been using suse, in general i am very happy
with it. I have never lost an email and I have always been able to transfer
it to a new home partition when i changed suse versions, kmail versions, kde
versions, drives or partitions. But this changed lately.  In the past month I
had two incidents where a received email shows blank and clicking on it
crashes and closes kmail. I suspect something gets corrupted in the transfer
from the provider, and of course they are a windoze operation (roadrunner),
so I can not expect any help from them. I would appreciate some help in
tracking this new development down, actually i don't even know where to
start...
The incidence is extremely low, I get about 200 emails a day, about half are
deleted immediately, the rest just browsed and less than 10% avoid deletion,
however the two lost emails were from known sources and would not have been
deleted.
my system is suse 10.2 . I use yast for system updating and the majority of
software installations, all is up to date with the latest security releases.
kmail is 1.9.6, kde is 3.5.6 release 77.1, use my own spam filters to trash,
have no antivirus on my linucs machine but the router behind the cable modem
does, mom and son still use windoze...

thanks in advance,
d.