I just started using the google service for my own domain.  Its very
easy to setup and the standard edition is free so its worth a try.
After trying it, if you dont like it you can always cancel the
service.  The good thing about the google service is that you can be
pretty sure that your mail server wont go down (since you wont be
admin'ing it, google will) and you wont have to become an "expert in
mail servers".

Razi