Thank you, Andteas,

> > I'm installing courier-imap on my opensuse 10.2 server.
> > I can't get it to work.
> > It said authentication error when I connect to the pop3 and send the
> > username and password.
>
> What errors are shown on the server?  Did you add the exact password to
> the config files on the server?

The message from courier-pop3d in the log file said:
authentication error: Input/output error

Actually, I'm using the courier-authlib package with authmysql to do
authentication.
I've created the database and inserted username and password into the tables.

> > I guess the problem is in the courier-authlib. I've looked into the
> > log files and could not find any clue. I have set the DEBUG_LOGIN=2 in
> > the authlib config file, there still no extra info in the log files.
>
> Did you restart all courier processes after changing the config file?

Yes, I restarted all courier modules.

According to the Courier document at
http://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/README.authdebug.html

This should give me detail messages, but my system still does not say
anything more.
So, I could not find out exactly where it went wrong.

Can see anything wrong? Could you please help?

--
Wai