On Friday 10 August 2007 04:23, zoran wrote:
> If you are using GUI (KDE in my case) then do as following,
> Log in as root =>start YAST=>click on option Harware, then first correct

Start YaST > give a root password > select Hardware

It is not good idea to login in GUI as root. Some nasty bug in GUI
applications that run as root can trash your system. If you start console
program than any application from there you will see quite a few error
messages in some of them.

YaST is designed in different way than other GUI applications, as it has to be
run as root. There is much more testing to ensure that it will not harm the
system, at least not more than inexperienced user with wrong decisions ;-)

--
Regards,
Rajko.