* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [08-12-07 11:42]:
> To the best of my knowledge, right now, the only problem seems to have
> been either DVD-R discs which *I* blanked before attempting to burn
> ;-) because I hadn't slept enough, or truly defective ones. Starting
> again the whole procedure with another new box of DVD-R didn't show
> any of the problems I reported and all the files have been backed up
> safely.

You may also expierence a problem related to DVD-R media which is not
*universally* compatable with all burners (iirc).  And after reading
the lifetime expectation and failure rates related to the two media
standards, DVD-R and DVD+R, I have converted *all* DVD-R media I have
to the DVD+R standard and no longer purchase DVD-R media.