On Thursday 16 August 2007 00:38, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is it possible to make a filter or something to automatically display
> the html-version of an e-mail depending on the sender?
>
> I have set kmail to display text versions only, for html-mails I can
> choose to see the html-version on the bottom. This is as I want it.

KMail allows you to control HTML interpretation ("Folder -> Prefer HTML
to Plain Text") and external resource loading ("Folder -> Load External
References") on a folder-by-folder basis, so you can filter the known
OK senders into a folder where one or both of those options are
enabled.

> There are just some senders that always send html-mails, and because
> I know they are ok, I'd like to have their (and only their) emails
> automatically displayed in the html-version without the need to
> explicitely click on "show html"...
>
> Is this possible? The only thing I found in filters is "execute a
> command", but what command would that be?

You could write a script that would extract just the HTML portion of the
multipart MIME-encoded message to a file and send that file to your
browser, but it hardly seems worth it, since at that point you couldn't
do any of the usual mail things (reply, forward, etc.) and unless the
script did something with the header information to incorporate it into
the extracted HTML, that would be invisible.

> Thanks for hints.
>
> Daniel

Randall Schulz