On Monday 20 August 2007 11:04, jdd wrote:
> each time I try to install a guru packages, I have a error "package
> not found" on this URL:
>
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/10.1/
>
> what is worng? I have no error message in the configure upadte part
> (and this is 10.1, not very fast on this respect, not ideal to tests :-)

What package manager are you trying to use?

If YaST, I'm *guessing* you might need to add "RPMS" to the end.

I have for example (under 10.2):
<http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/10.2/RPMS>

I'm not sure about this though.  If you check the openSUSE web page
<http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#Guru>

the link for 10.1 is as you have shown, but the subdirectory under that
link, "RPMS", is the one which contains the repodata directory, which I
believe is the important part.

Then again, I don't really know all that much about this stuff.  What I have
shown seems to work here though (in 10.2).

I hope this helps.

--
Don