Michael Skiba wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 21. August 2007 18:38 schrieb Jacky Woo:
>> Hello guy,
>> I'm now in China and is now using LAN in my flat instead of ADSL.
>> My OS is openSuSE 10.2 (KDE) and my default internet explorer is Firefox.
>> But when I tried to connect to internet, it alwasy failed and a page
>> with words in Chinese like "Unable to connect. Only IE is accessible"
>> appeared.
>> My current ISP is China Telecom.
>> So I'm calling for help.
>> Is there any Chinese who has fixed it?
>> Or anyone who was once in China made it happen?
>> I'm very grateful if you can help.
>
> I don't know if it works, but maybe you could try changing the browser
> identification to Internet Explorer?
>
> Greetings
> Michael

or you can install IE6.

OK, for this you would need another working Internet Access and then use
this to connect to ies4linux, download the script and execute it, which
in turn downloads IE6 (for example) and installs it on your machine.

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

regards
Eberhard