* Carlos E. R. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [08-24-07 14:20]:
> Well, they can assign developers to scsi and develop patches that add
> support for more than 16 partitions to scsi modules. If technically
> possible, of course (I don't know what is the origin of that limit).
> Or invent something different than scsi for both scsi and ata.

iirc, original scsi design had 8 channels and a later extended version
had 16, but you were only able to utilize 7/15 of those as the scsi
system needed the 0 channel for itself.

BUT, I *am* approaching the age where facts may not necessarily be
facts anymore  :^)