From: RTF [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:47 PM
To: James Knott
Cc: SuSE Linux
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.2

James Knott wrote:
> RTF wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the OpenSuse 10.2 DVD from Linux Format magazine.  I was going
>> to install it in a dual-boot arrangement with XP.  However, based on
>> what I have read, during the installation, it asks you to choose your
>> desktop (KDE, GNOME, XFCE, or whatever).  While I don't have any
>> distribution installed at present, previous installations allowed you
>> to choose the desktop you wanted to use when you booted.
>> Is there a way to install all available desktops/windows managers and
>> then choose the one you want to use when you boot
>> /*You can install as many desktops as you wish, after the install*/ and
then
> chose the one you wish to use, when you log in.  In fact, you can log in
> to more than once and have a different desktop on each one at the same
time.

Can you let me know how to do that (bolded and italicized above).  I
attempted to install Suse 10.2 again tonight and it makes you select
which desktop you want to install...Gnome, KDE or other.  It does not
give you a choice of installing all in order to choose which one you
want to use at boot up..  :(

Rob