Bogdan Cristea wrote:
Sorry, I was not clear enough. The web page is opened locally.

I assume this is the reason why it's not working

A php page is parsed on the server and sends the html and output to the client ( = your browser).

from http://be.php.net/manual/en/introduction.php

What distinguishes PHP from something like client-side JavaScript is that the code is executed on the server.

You cannot open a php file locally in your browser. If you want to test it on a local machine you need to run a webserver on your machine and
access the page by surfing to it (e.g http://localhost/page.php)

Leo

--
Leo Eraly