On Aug 27 2007 23:17, Benji Weber wrote:

>There is a feature for static names, just the ethX names are not the
>static ones.

Says who? There is a __reason__ as to why udev renames it the following
way:

eth0 renamed to ethxx0
eth1 renamed to ethxx1
ethxx1 renamed to eth0
ethxx0 renamed to eth1

I renames them to ORIGXXN first, so that you _can_ have ethX names the
way you want.

>I fail to see what your point is, If you want persistent names use the
>persistent names, if you want non-persistent names use the ethX.

PERSISTENT_NAME in /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-... has been superseded
by udev rules in 10.2.

        Jan