Art Fore wrote:
> I really need some help on a networking problem that I have tried to
> solve for several months now. At least point me to where I can find the
> answer as I have searched the web and not found anything. (Could be I am
> not asking right question, but I am not a programmer)
>
> After booting up, I open a root console and execute the following
> commands.
>
> ifplugd -bfi eth1
> route add default gw 192.168.11.1
> route del default gw 10.18.32.1
>
> This gets me internet access for linux on the wireless card. (eth0 is
> used by Windows under parallels, normal network card)
>
> I put these commands in /etc/init.d/boot.local.
>
> When I boot, It does not work. If I try to enter them again in a root
> console, the ifplugd -bfi eth1 seems to work, that is no error. The
> route add default gw 192.168.11.1 comes back network unreachable.
>
> So, I remove the commands from boot.local, reboot, then everything works
> again after entering all of the commands in a root console.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Art

I suspect this may be because you are not explicitly associating the
default gw with the appropriate devices.... otherwise it tries to work
this out on its own which may in some circumstances give unpredictable
results... try ...

route add default gw 192.168.11.1 eth1
route del default gw 10.18.32.1 eth1

which might be more appropriate

see man route and have a look at the LNAG book (it is available online)...

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup